Sponsor and Partner Relations.
I am starting this project with nothing but my bare hands. The investment I am able to contribute with is my intellectual property. My ideas, visions, dreams and inventions.
I want everybody to have an equal chance to participate, small companies as well as big ones. Everybody should contribute with what they want, no more, no less. This should be an open platform for problem-solving, creativity and development.
For this whole idea/concept to work money is needed. Sponsors, producers and financiers.
I want to develop the concept of “Crowd Funding” to “Crowd Controlled Company Funding”; the name itself kind of says it all. J The end consumers should interactively be given a chance to participate in product development with their own ideas etc. To help develop products that they actually want!
Gather a creative volunteer brain trust that is freely accessible for all sponsors and partners. A hub for creativity, design/art, development and general “brainstorming”. It’s not about competition! It’s about long term cooperation, a common idea platform which should be able to ensure future compatibility.
The possibilities are endless, one could, for instance, cooperate with schools to gather even more brain trust and even some sort of education. Products developed within the project will have a manufacturing and distribution network set up.
I would like to suggest the following solution:
We start a common company with the help of sponsors, partners and financiers. All ideas developed within this project are to be seen as common intellectual property by the principal of “Creative Commons License” (http://creativecommons.org/). Specialty projects may off cause occur as well as pure hardware development or handcrafted items. Such items/products will have to be handled individually. I would think that there will generally be to types of assignments: idea/development/concept and manufacturing/design/prototype. These two types may then be either common assignment, where more than one sponsor or partner is behind it. Or individual when just one sponsor/partner or individual is behind it. It will be possible to use creative commons license in most cases, if not specifically specified otherwise. Those cases will be handled separately. If an individual etc. develops a product with our help, our sponsors, partners and financiers should have the option to manufacture and distribute that product.
Exactly how this structure is to work remains to be seen. It all depends very much on the interests of sponsors, partners and financiers. This whole venture will have to be financed somehow, employees need pay, the house needs financing etc. I have started emailing production companies, electronics manufacturers etc.
What would a sponsor, partner or capital investor gain from this?
Let’s start with capital investors, that’s an easy one: money! Anyone who is brave enough to invest should be paid for that. Sponsors and partners get media time that is much better than commercials, when actual customers get to have a saying in development! They also get access to a highly dynamic, independent, creative, problem-solving, brainstorming, manufacturing brain trust. It would also be a good way to show environmental awareness. Since ECO/Green/Environmentally friendly thinking and high tech are the main two things this whole concept is about.
What’s my role in all of this?
This project, this whole concept, is my brainchild. I will hopefully be around to see it grow up. To see my dream and vision come true. To live in a creative chaos and spend time with people as tech interested and environmentally aware as I am. (Geeks! J)
I am also very much looking forward to exiting (or boring?) assignments, challenges and naturally a chance to “Live In the Future Today”!
No comments:
Post a Comment